#119 – May 2022 Part 1
- Jeni’s magazine article on ‘everything JWST’
- UK government’s social mobility commissioner gets us wound up
- Listeners’ emails on:
- Professional vs amateur astronomy
- Artificial Intelligence in consumer telescopes
- JWST’s Early Release Observations
Rounding up the astronomy news in April, we have:
- New type of nebula discovered by an amateur astronomer
- Detecting life-giving hydrothermal vents on Saturn’s moon Europa
- An exoplanet around a dead star in a potential habitable zone
- ’Impossible’ galaxies with no dark matter
The big news story: the Planetary Science Decadal Survey is out!
The Sky Guide:
This month we’re taking a look at the constellation of Ursa Major with a guide to its history, how to find it, a couple of deep sky objects and a round-up of the solar system views on offer in May.
Will JWST be able to confirm the existence of the Ort Cloud? From our good friend Oren Wyche in Maryland USA.
Go to Source