#101 – November 2020 Part 2
The Discussion: The ongoing saga of Jeni’s PhD thesis and a couple of listener emails.
The News: Rounding up the space exploration news we have:
- More destruction to the giant Arecibo radio telescope
- Keeping in touch with our intergalactic emissaries
- More information from the Rosettta mission.
- A new exoplanet characterising spacecraft gets the go ahead form ESA
- NASA’s Mars sample return mission plans
- China picks its Mars landing zone for February’s arrival
- Lockheed propose a new space launch facility in Scotland
Main news story: Congratulations to OSIRIS-REx at asteroid Bennu.
The Electromagnetic Spectrum: The gamma ray end of the spectrum. How these telescopes were developed and became ever more powerful.
Christmas gift ideas: We replace the Q&A section this episode as the holidays are getting closer and we thought you might appreciate some suggestions for the young, new or amateur astronomer in your life.
Go to Source